How People Can Improve Competitive Advantage

I've been tinkering from time to time as I ride the train to and from work each day on ideas for management by example - writing down ideas as I think of them or sometimes simplifying ideas I can recall from school or writing down items I've picked up from experience:
Here is one such snippet:
How People Can Improve Competitive Advantage


1. Teamwork counts - Get the right people working together Avoid the “functional” traps; make people work together across boundaries
2. Training Counts - Everyone should know what it takes to work smoothly in a group
3. Empowerment Counts - Give people the power to make a competitive difference. Help them feel and act responsible for always improving customer service and product quality
4. Rewards Count - Tie incentive compensation and rewards to performance results. Focus performance standards on customer feedback and quality, not just quantity goals

Comments